This two-week course is designed for students continuing advanced education within the Diagnostic Imaging Service Field. Specifically designed to provide the necessary skills and knowledge to operate, service, maintain, provide troubleshooting, and calibration on today’s complex medical imaging systems. Successful completion of this course also provides students 60 CEUs from the AAMI Credentials Institute for use in maintaining HTM Certifications. Tri-Imaging Solution’s (TIS) BMET to Imaging 2 is a blended learning course, similar to today’s college courses. By combining the prerequisite online learning platform with extensive laboratory time at our state-of-the-art facility, this proven learning environment reduces time away from your facility without compromising quality and effectiveness of the training. At Tri-Imaging we will reduce your training cost and increase your efficiency of service. Hi Intensity Tri-Imaging Training (HITT) – Reducing the gap between training and real-world service thereby “Empowering the Engineer”.
- Two-year electronics degree or equivalent experience
- Completion of Tri-Imaging Solutions BMET to Imaging 1 or course equivalent
Students completing BMET to Imaging 2 will be productive imaging engineers capable of performing duties associated with repair, maintenance, and calibration of advanced fluoroscopic imaging systems.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate artifact evaluation and troubleshooting techniques to determine faulty FRU
- Demonstrate understanding of digital technologies/CCD/detector technologies/direct capture/indirect capture
- Demonstrate understanding of advanced high-frequency concepts
- Demonstrate understanding of fluoroscopic cooling systems, and their use
- Determine proper use and selection of imaging system test equipment
- Determine system compliance with current regulatory guidelines
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced preventative maintenance and troubleshooting procedures
- Perform imaging system evaluation, alignment, and optimization of individual components of the imaging chain
- Demonstrate an understanding of networking and DICOM as applicable to diagnostic imaging systems
- Demonstrate system calibration post repair to return full functionality